Winners of the first round competition for the Lions Clubs International 2021-2022 Peace Poster Contest were announced at an artists’ reception, Saturday, November 20.
Congratulations to our winners:
- Emma J. • 7th Grade, King’s Christian Academy
- Grace K. • 7th Grade, King’s Christian Academy
- Grace S. • 8th Grade, King’s Christian Academy
- Samantha R. • 6th Grade, St. John’s School
- Grace R. • 7th Grade, Father Andrew White School
- Lillie T. • 8th Grade, Margaret Brent Middle School
- Tyler T. • 6th Grade, Leonardtown Middle School
The student artists were challenged to pictorially interpret this year’s theme “We Are All Connected,” without using any wording, letters, or numbers. Their winning posters will be forwarded to the next level of competition where they will compete with students from Calvert, Charles, Montgomery, Prince Georges and St. Mary’s Counties, as well as the District of Columbia.
We want to thank all of our participant artists and their teachers, parents and guardians who helped make this happen! We were thrilled to have received so many submissions. You all rock!
St. Mary’s County Lions Clubs, working with our community partners, St. Mary’s County Arts Council, Studio R, and Red Chalk Studios in Virginia Beach, sponsored the contest for all County students ages 11, 12, and 13. Each poster was judged on originality, artistic merit and expression of the theme.