Lexington Park Lions had a busy, busy May:
- May 12 We had a most successful golf tournament raising more than $5000 for our vision and hearing programs.
- May 15-18 Club officers attended the Multiple District 22 convention in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, meeting with Lions throughout the district and attending to essential business including election of District officers for the coming Lion year, July 2017-June 2018.
- May 16 Lions Sal and Susan presented our scholarship award to Corey Williams, a young man headed to West Virginia University where he will major in criminology and minor in psychology. He plans a career with the FBI.
- May 19 Lions from Lexington Park, Leonardtown, Hollywood, and Ridge provided vision and hearing screening at the Veterans Stand Down, serving those who served.
- May 20 Lions Jess, Susan, and Mary did preschool vision screening at Alexander’s Annual Kid’s Day, seeing 14 children with 6 referrals. When we catch the vision problems early, the children have a better chance at corrective intervention.
- May 22 We had a most delightful meeting with our special guest, our second scholarship awardee, Rebekah Torgesen. Rebekah will attend Brigham Young University where she will major in chemical engineering and then attend medical school. She plans a career as an orthopedic surgeon.
And then, here comes June!!« Previous Post Next Post »