Annual Peace Poster Contest
Each year, Lions Clubs International sponsors a worldwide Peace Poster contest asking students to create a picture of their vision of the years theme. The Lions Clubs of St. Mary’s County come together with our community partner, the St. Mary’s County Arts Council, to sponsor the local contest.
Calling all student artists… The 2019 Peace Poster Contest is now open
- The contest is open to St. Mary’s County students (public and home schooled) who will be ages 11, 12 or 13 by November 15, 2019
- Artwork must be 14” x 22” on a material flexible enough to be rolled for shipping in a mailing tube
- You may use paint, crayon, pencil, chalk, ink, etc. — chalk, charcoal, and pastel entries should be sealed with a fixative spray to prevent smearing
- Nothing may be glued, stapled, or attached to the artwork in any way — three-dimensional entries will not be accepted
- NO lettering or numbering on the front of the poster
- Artist signature must be on the back of the poster
- All artwork must be the individual artist’s original creation — duplications are not accepted
- Only one entry per artist and each entry must be the work of only one artist
- Poster must be delivered flat and not folded
SUBMISSION DEADLINE 12pm noon, October 25th, 2019
Days left until submission deadline:
- Entries must be accompanied with registration form which must include a parent or legal guardian signature
- Registration forms available digitally below or from your art teacher
- School entries will be picked up from each school by a Lions Club member
Individual entries may be dropped off at the office of:
St. Mary’s County Arts Council
22660 Washington Street in Leonardtown
facing the Leonardtown Chevy Buick GMC
Hours: 11 am – 4 pm Tuesday-Sunday
Have a question? Need more information?
Lions Clubs points of contact:
- Dana Davis: email@example.com • (301) 863-2561
- Anne Hodges: firstname.lastname@example.org • (24) 441-9104
Arts Council point of contact:
- Nell Elder: email@example.com • (240) 309-4061
Artwork Will Be On Display at the Lexington Park Library art gallery throughout November. There will be an artists’ reception to announce the winners.
ANNUAL PEACE POSTER CONTEST NEWS
Congratulations to our 2019 Peace Poster Contest winners! Winners of the Lions Clubs International 2019 Peace Poster Contest were announced at an artists’ reception, Saturday, November 9. The theme this year is JOURNEY TO PEACE, and the students’ posters reflect their...
CALLING ALL STUDENT ARTISTS Our 2019 contest theme is all about the Journey to Peace. It’s time to get out your pens, pencils, markers and paints and show us what JOURNEY TO PEACE means to you! One winner will be selected from each school in St. Mary’s County...
Winners of the St. Mary's County Lions Clubs' 2018 Peace Poster Contest were announced at an artists’ reception, Saturday, November 10. The theme this year is KINDNESS MATTERS, and the students’ posters reflect their interpretation of this theme. The winners are Seth...
St. Mary’s County Lions are excited, delighted and proud to announce the winners of the first
round of competition in the Lions Club International Annual Peace Poster Contest.
Lexington Park, Hollywood, and Leonardtown Lions Clubs are pleased to announce the winners of our People’s Choice Peace Poster Contest. Winners were chosen by Facebook viewers who voted by “liking” their favorite poster(s). This contest was secondary to the Lions Club...
Lions Clubs International sponsored a worldwide Peace Poster contest asking students to create a picture of their vision of the Peace theme. This year that theme was “Celebrate Peace.”
Vanessa Gregorio, an eighth-grade student at Esperanza Middle School, has taken the first step to becoming an internationally recognized artist by winning a local competition sponsored by the Lexington Park Lions Club. Vanessa’s poster is among more than 400,000...