Annual Peace Poster Contest
Entries for the 2020-21 Peace Poster Contest is now closed. Next step, judging.
Each year, Lions Clubs International sponsors a worldwide Peace Poster contest asking students to create a picture of their vision of the years theme. The Lions Clubs of St. Mary’s County come together with our community partner, the St. Mary’s County Arts Council, to sponsor the local contest.
The contest is open to all St. Mary’s County students, including homeschoolers, who will be age 11, 12 or 13 by November 15, 2020.
- SIZE: Artwork must be no smaller than 13” x 20” and no larger than 20” x 24.” It must be created on material flexible enough to be rolled for shipping in a mailing tube.
- MEDIA: You may use paint, crayon, pencil, chalk, ink, etc. — chalk, charcoal, and pastel entries should be sealed with a fixative spray to prevent smearing
- FLAT ARTWORK ONLY: Nothing may be glued, stapled, or attached to the artwork in any way — three-dimensional entries will not be accepted
- IMAGES ONLY: NO lettering or numbering on the front of the poster
- SIGNATURE: Artist signature must be on the back of the poster
- ORIGINALITY: All artwork must be the individual artist’s original creation — duplications are not accepted
- ENTRY: Only one entry per artist and each entry must be the work of only one artist
NEW: HOW TO ENTER
- Entries to this first level of competition must be submitted through the online form below on this page.
- Submission will be a hi-res photo of the artist’s poster. The poster needs to be completed before you fill out the form.
- Entries must also include a separate artist headshot photo suitable for publicity purposes.
- Artists of winning posters will mail their physical posters to the next level of competition (so hold onto your posters!)
Questions? Please reach out to any of the following people:
Lions Clubs points of contact:
- Dana Davis: email@example.com • (301) 863-2561
- Anne Hodges: firstname.lastname@example.org • (240) 441-9104
Arts Council point of contact:
- Nell Elder: email@example.com • (240) 309-4061
- Wednesday Davis: firstname.lastname@example.org
ANNUAL PEACE POSTER CONTEST NEWS
And the winner is... Miss Elaina Fitzsimmons. Elaina is our first-level winner in the Lions Clubs International 2020 Peace Poster Contest. Congratulations, Elaina!! The theme this year is PEACE THROUGH SERVICE and student artists were to reflect their interpretation...
Congratulations to our 2019 Peace Poster Contest winners! Winners of the Lions Clubs International 2019 Peace Poster Contest were announced at an artists’ reception, Saturday, November 9. The theme this year is JOURNEY TO PEACE, and the students’ posters reflect their...
Winners of the St. Mary's County Lions Clubs' 2018 Peace Poster Contest were announced at an artists’ reception, Saturday, November 10. The theme this year is KINDNESS MATTERS, and the students’ posters reflect their interpretation of this theme. The winners are Seth...
St. Mary’s County Lions are excited, delighted and proud to announce the winners of the first
round of competition in the Lions Club International Annual Peace Poster Contest.
Lexington Park, Hollywood, and Leonardtown Lions Clubs are pleased to announce the winners of our People’s Choice Peace Poster Contest. Winners were chosen by Facebook viewers who voted by “liking” their favorite poster(s). This contest was secondary to the Lions Club...
Lions Clubs International sponsored a worldwide Peace Poster contest asking students to create a picture of their vision of the Peace theme. This year that theme was “Celebrate Peace.”
Vanessa Gregorio, an eighth-grade student at Esperanza Middle School, has taken the first step to becoming an internationally recognized artist by winning a local competition sponsored by the Lexington Park Lions Club. Vanessa’s poster is among more than 400,000...